Tuesday, September 18, 2012

All Things End

Okay. I am writing this from my phone so excuse the lack of eloquence. Our cross country trip has come to an abrupt close. My close friend and father of my daughter (and my ex) was senselessly shot and killed last night. I am currently on a plane flying to Baltimore to be with my daughter. We are all shocked and heart-broken.

This turn of events is a sharp reminder of how tenuous this life we have really is. I urge everyone -- if you love someone tell them. If you want to accomplish something do it. Because we never know when this short life we are graced with will be gone.

I will be back to the blog when the dust settles. Thank you for all the support and encouragement you have offered us over the past three months. We made it to Washington state and for that I am proud and grateful.

In sadness,
Pata

5 comments:

Anna said...

What terrible news. You and your daughter are very much on my mind and in my heart tonight.

Catherine said...

Pata-- we are all heartsick at this terrible tragedy. Please know that all your friends will be standing with you through the process of grieving, healing, missing and remembering Peter. We love you.

-catherine

DebW said...

Pata, so sorry to hear this tragic news. My thoughts are with you and your family. -Deb

Melissa Kunga Silva said...

Know you are very loved. I am sorry you lost so central a person to your and your daughter's life.

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I miss u guys. I hope everything gets better. All my best

Odie